Hydrane SAS (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a mobile advertising company providing its customers – through its mobile marketing automation platform (the “Platform”) – with efficient, transparent and scalable mobile advertising solutions (the “Services”). Our technology enables notably our customers to show end-users more relevant advertising campaigns, based on end-users’ interests and behaviours.
1. What information we collect
About the Company’s customers
Regarding our customers, we collect the following types of data:
- Identification information (e.g. name, surname, email address, phone number, etc.),
- Professional life (e.g. job title and company), and
- Connection data (e.g. login credentials access, date and time access to the Website or the Platform).
Regarding end-users, we collect the following types of data:
- Non-identifiable information (“Anonymous Information”) which may include technical information transmitted by the end user’s device, including the end user's approximate location, software and hardware specifications (e.g. browser type and version, operating system, version), language preferences, visited pages, registry entries and time stamps. This information does not enable identification of individual persons.
- Mobile identifiers. When you are using mobile application that incorporates our Services, we may also automatically record your IP address, your Google Advertising ID (if you are using an Android device) or your Advertising Identifier (IDFA – if you are using an iOS device; together with the Google Advertising ID – “Mobile Advertising IDs”), for advertising or analytics purposes. The Google Advertising ID is an anonymous identifier, provided by Google Play services. If your device has an Advertising ID, we may collect and use it for advertising and user analytics purposes. If your device does not have Advertising ID, we may use other persistent identifiers. The information collected may be also stored on your device. Please see below how you can reset you mobile Advertising ID or opt-out of receiving targeted ads through your mobile Advertising IDs.
Note that, while Mobile identifiers are not considered personally identifiable information in some jurisdictions, they are considered “Personal Data” in the EU, regarding the GDPR. Thus, we treat all mobile identifiers from various jurisdictions as “Personal Data”.
2. What is the Purpose of collecting information?
We collect the information specified above in order to:
- Enable the Company to further provide, develop, enhance, customize and improve the Services, based on the end users' preferences, uses and interactions with the Services;
- Audit and track usage statistics and traffic flow, audit our affiliates and calculate payments;
- Perform research, as well as for analytical and statistical purposes;
- Respond to inquiries, feedbacks, support request and questions;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Respond to claims that any content available through the Service violates rights of third-parties;
- Resolve disputes and enforce our policies, including investigation of potential violations thereof, for the purpose of law enforcement or in accordance with any applicable law or regulation.
3. How we collect data
About the Company’s customers
Regarding Hydrane SAS’ customers, the Company collects information about you from:
- Your use of the Website;
- Emails you send to Hydrane SAS;
- Your use of our platform, if applicable.
Regarding end-users, Hydrane SAS collects information about you from:
- Directly through Hydrane SAS’ Software Developer Kit (“SDK”) implemented within the mobile applications of some developer partners for the purpose of displaying advertisement;
- Directly from your devices,
- Indirectly from your use of the Services (i.e. when you click on an advertisement and install the application of one of our advertisers);
- Indirectly from tracking partners such as Appsflyer, Kochava, etc.
- Pixel Tags: A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website in combination with cookie to enable tracking activity on websites.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is technique used to track who is reading a web page or email, when, and from which computer.
Cookies Opt-Out Cookies, including those which have already been set, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change the preferences/settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary site, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers, or clear out all cookies. Deleting or blocking cookies may reduce functionality of the site. To learn more about how to reject cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or go to the help menu within your internet browser. If you experience any problems having deleted cookies, you should contact the supplier of your web browser.
Mobile Device Opt-Out You may opt out of receiving targeted ads on mobile devices using the Android operating system, by using platform level controls enabled through your device settings. You should consult your device settings and instructions provided by your device manufacturer. However, we provide the following information solely for informational purposes.
If you have an Apple device, you can opt out of targeted advertising by updating to iOS 6.0 or higher, and setting “Limit Ad Tracking" to "ON". You can do this by clicking on Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising, and toggling "Limit Ad Tracking" to "ON”. This prevents apps that you use from using your Apple device’s Advertising Identifier to serve you targeted ads. In addition, or as an alternative, you may reset your device’s Advertising Identifier, which will result in your device being disassociated from ad targeting profiles based on the Advertising Identifier in effect prior to reset. You can do this by clicking on Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising -> Reset Advertising Identifier. Again, you should consult Apple’s support web pages and instructions for the most current applicable settings.
If you have an Android device, you can opt out of targeted advertising on your device. You can do this by clicking the menu icon to display the apps list, then find and select the Google Settings icon, then find and select “Ads" and check the box "Opt out of interest-based ads". In addition, or as an alternative, you may reset your device’s Android advertising ID, which will result in your device being disassociated from ad targeting profiles based on the Android advertising ID in effect prior to reset. You can do this by clicking the menu icon to display the apps list, then find and select the Google Settings icon, then find and select "Ads" and selecting "Reset advertising ID”. Note that Android settings menus may vary among device manufacturers and these instructions may not be accurate for your device. You should consult Google’s settings and instructions for the most current settings information.
4. With whom we share information
The Company does not disclose Personal Information with third parties except in the following events:
- Compelled Disclosures: we may share your information if requested to respond and/ or comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders and/ or any other legal obligations. We may also share your information if we believe, in good faith, that it is required in order to enforce our policies (including our policies and agreements) including investigations of potential violations thereof or to detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues. In addition, we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims or to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party or for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
- Service Providers: we may disclose personal information to service providers, notably third party processors, when this is required in order to provide, maintain or improve our Services and for the purposes detailed above. These entities are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose than providing Hydrane SAS with requested services.
Anonymous information may be shared with other third parties (including ad networks, advertising companies, service providers, media and other interested parties) in any of the above circumstances, as well as for the purpose of developing or delivering advertising (whether via our Services, or services of other third parties), or for the purpose of improving our Services, conducting business analysis or other business purposes. This information may be combined with information we collect from other sources, to the extent that the information remains anonymous information.
5. Children's information
Hydrane SAS complies with applicable legislation related to children’s privacy protection. Thus, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children, as they are defined under applicable law, and specifically: (i) under the age of 13 years old, if they are located in the US; (ii) under the age of 16 years old, if they are located in the EU, except as permitted under applicable law.
If we later obtain actual knowledge that an end user is considered as a child under applicable law, we will take steps to remove that end user's information from our systems.
6. For how long we retain the information?
Hydrane SAS retains the Anonymous Information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services, carry out our business purpose, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Other data, such as the IDs are kept for a maximum period of 6 months, all as required to provide the Service and in compliance with applicable laws and legislation.
Further, in the event of a data breach, in which we discover your Personal Data is or might be at risk, we will notify you through the Services or, if technically possible, by sending you an email.
7. Users rights
Regarding end-users, please note that your personal data is used for targeting advertising purposes.
Where applicable, data protection and privacy laws provide to data subjects (both Hydrane SAS’ customers and end-users) the right to access, rectify, modify, update, delete or limit the processing of their personal data. The end-users can also opt-out of the targeting advertising. Please note that this does not mean that you will not receive any advertisements anymore, solely that you can chose to receive advertisements that are not targeted to you.
Both end-users and Hydrane SAS’ customers can also contact Hydrane SAS to define the instructions for the processing of their personal data after their death. They can also file a complaint to a supervisory authority. In addition, Hydrane SAS’ customers may exercise their right to data portability.
In the event you make such request, note that we may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and locate your data which may take some reasonable time. In case of any difficulty with the exercise of any of the rights here above mentioned, or in the case you would like to access your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
8. Security and confidentiality
As your privacy is very important to us, we have implemented number of physical, technical and operational security measures to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of your data. For more information on our security measures, please read our Security Policy.
Although we take reasonable measures to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will be able to prevent such access.
To notify the Company about any security vulnerability or potential data breach, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take the appropriate measures to address such incident, as deemed necessary.
9. Merger, sale or bankruptcy
We reserve the right to periodically amend or revise this Policy. The most recent version of the Policy will always be posted on the Site. If we do make any changes, the updated date of the Policy will be reflected in the “Last Revised” heading. We encourage you to review the Policy periodically to ensure that you understand how we collect, use and share information through the Services.
Any changes to the Policy will become effective immediately upon the display of the revised Policy. Your continued use of our Services following the display of such revised Policy, constitutes your acknowledgement and consent of such amendments and your agreement to be bound by the terms therein.
11. Contact Us
For further information of if you have any requests regarding the data collected under this Policy, including without limitation, requests to remove, delete, amend, modify or transfer the data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.